Private and Semi-Private Swimming Lessons
AmericInn Lodge, 1098 Golden Beauty Dr. Rexburg, Idaho
Rexburg Rehabilitation Center, 36 Winn Dr #100, Rexburg, Idaho
To book your lessons contact:
- Ruth Nielson at 208-252-1798
- email: email@example.com
- Monday – 10:00 – 5:30 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Tuesday – 10:00 – 5:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Wednesday – 10:00 – 5:30 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Thursday 10:00 – 5:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Friday – 9:00 – 2:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Saturday – 8:00-11:00 AM, AmericInn Lodge
- Saturday – 8:00-6:00 PM, Rexburg Rehabilitation Center
- Sunday – No Swimming Lessons
- Monday – 8:00 – 4:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Tuesday – 8:00 – 4:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Wednesday – 8:00- 4:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Thursday – 8:00 – 4:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Friday – 8:00 – 2:00 PM, AmericInn Lodge
- Saturday – 8:00-5:00 PM, Rexburg Rehabilitation Center
- Sunday – No Swimming Lessons
CLASSES OFFERED FOR ALL AGES/LEVELS/ABILITIES
- Parent/Baby with instructors: Rachel, Ruth, Sarah
- Toddler with all instructors
- Preschool with all instructors
- School age children with all instructors
- Adult with instructors: Lauren, Rachel, Ruth, Sarah
- Aquatic Movement and Exercise for Special Needs with instructors: Ruth
- Parent/Baby and Parent/Toddler Group on Saturdays, Fall/Winter with instructors: Ruth and Sarah
Owner & Lead Swim Instructor Ruth Nielson, ATRI Certified
Ruth has successfully completed swim certification, instruction, and training in the following areas:
- ATRI Certification through the AEA – Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute
- Collecting and analyzing information on the philosophy and structure of the aquatic industry. Operating in accordance with accepted instructional practices, styles and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Fostering the motor, cognitive and personal development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment.
- Instructor of water familiarization, buoyancy and mobility skills.
- Instructor of water safety and survival skills.
- Instructor of all strokes of swimming.
- Principles of movement in water to aquatic activities.
- Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics, Australia Swim.
- First Aid and CPR, American Red Cross and Australia First Aid First.
- Lifeguard, American Red Cross.
Ruth is currently studying to receive recognition and certification in the following areas of course study:
- *ADHD Awareness Certification
- *Bipolar Disorder Awareness Diploma
- *Depression Awareness Certification
- *Understanding Autism Certification
Ruth Nielson is very passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to teaching students of all ages and abilities to not only enjoy but also to excel in the sport of swimming. Her focus is on safety, skill, technique and stroke development. Ruth developed a fear of the water at a young age when she nearly drowned in a pool at a party with friends. Ruth overcame her fears at the age of 20 when she learned to swim while taking an extensive one year course at Idaho State University. She enjoyed the sport so much that she went on to pursue work as a lifeguard and swim instructor. Ruth had the wonderful opportunity to qualify as a swim instructor at the one of Queensland’s Olympic Training Centers.
Ruth has worked in the aquatic field for 20 years. She has been a very successful instructor of swimming and water safety in Australia and the USA. Ruth worked as a lifeguard at Ross Park Aquatic Complex in Pocatello, Idaho. She taught swimming lessons at schools and other venues in Queensland, Australia. She started up a swim program and taught at the former Huntsman Springs in Driggs, Idaho. She taught and coached swimming at Teton Springs in Victor, Idaho and in Alta, Wyoming at Grand Targhee Ski Resort. Ruth is thrilled to see the Learn 2 Swim program that she started in Sept. 2021, take off so well in Madison County, Idaho. In 2022 her team taught well over 3,000 private swimming lessons!! Since January 2023 – June 2023, Ruth and her team taught over 3,000 private swimming lessons!!
Ruth has successfully completed certification, instruction, and training in these additional areas of study:
- Depression Awareness Certification
- Fitness Instructor Certification
- Health Life Coaching
- Mindfulness Certification
- Personal Training Diploma
- Professional Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Counseling Certification
- Pre and Postnatal Yoga Instructor
- PTSD and Trauma Informed Yoga Instructor
- Reiki Certification
- Sports Nutrition Certification
- Thrive, Yoga Business Training and Coaching
- Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- 500 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga
- 40 Hour Training, Roots Tribe Yoga for Youth – BeInnerConnected
- 1,500 hours of Yoga Class instruction in various styles/methods
- Over 2,000 hours of additional fitness class instruction, swimming instruction, health/nutrition
- Children’s Book Author/Illustrator, “I Am Remarkable, A Journey of Self-Discovery”
- Designer of the Hummingbird Yoga Apparel Line